I’m not one of those who throw away food. Yes, it happens that we do not have time to eat bread, and it becomes stale. So this is not a reason to heartlessly send it to the trash bin! In such cases, I grate it and use it as bread crumbs. Delicious potato meatballs!
By the way, you can use yesterday’s potatoes to prepare this quick snack. Didn’t finish the side dish at dinner? So this is not a problem! The potato balls with cheese are incredibly tasty. I share the recipe!
- Potatoes – 700 g
- Greens – 40 g
- Egg – 1 PC.
- Bulka – 3 pcs.
- Hard cheese – 120 g
- Wheat flour – 70 g
- Salt – taste
- Black pepper (ground) – taste
- Sunflower oil – taste
- Grate hardened buns and sift crumbs through a sieve.
- Boil the potatoes and mash them with a fork. Add salt, pepper, chopped herbs and stir.
- Pinch off a little potato mass, roll it out in the palm of your hand. Place a small cheese cube in the center and form a ball.
- Mix the egg with 30 ml of water. Dip each ball first in flour, then in the egg mixture and finally in breadcrumbs. Cook the balls in oil for about 5 minutes.
You can experiment with herbs to make potato balls. I usually use the seasonal option. I serve a dish with different sauces on the table: garlic, ketchup, sweet and sour or cheese. Which one do you like?